Description de l'offre
Amazon is the earth's most customer centric company and is looking to hire highly motivated, best-in-class Network Engineers for our ever expanding teams. To start, you will be working on the networks that support the world's largest cloud provider. Our customers demand the highest quality and reliability for their services. It is our responsibility to maintain quality and reliability of the network while developing innovative ways to scale at a tremendous rate.
This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon and Amazon Web Services to support something unique. You would be joining a world class technical team, working with some of the brightest and most respected engineers in the industry. Not only would you be working with the best, you would be developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the fastest- growing, most innovative and progressive technology companies in the world.
The NRE (Network Reliability Engineering) team is primarily responsible for maintaining the health of Amazon's Retail and Web Services networks. This team plays a key role in responding to operational changes in the network, determining root cause, and working with internal teams and external vendors/ISPs with the goal of returning to a fully operational state. Additionally, the team is responsible for performing changes to maintain the reliability of the network as it grows.
Our ideal candidate is highly autonomous, possesses strong analytical skills, strong written and verbal communication skills, strong project management and time management skills and has a successful track record of operating large networks and/or designing and delivering simple, scalable solutions. The desire and ability to work in an operational, fast paced, collaborative environment is essential.
· As a Network Engineer working in AWS Networking you will have end-to-end ownership of our current and newly developing networks
· Define and influence strategy within and outside the team
· Drive operational excellence projects to improve network performance and reliability
· Troubleshoot complex problems and develop innovative solutions
· Work closely with our software developers to fully automate operations
· Mentor and coach junior engineers
· Review and implement changes on the network
· Create/edit workflows to automate network tasks
· Analyze common problems and create solutions to remediate without human intervention.
· Bachelor's Degree in a technology related field or equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years professional experience for every 1 year of education
· 3+ years professional experience working in large scale networking environments.
· Knowledge and experience with internet routing protocols and concepts: TCP/IP, BGP, MPLS, ISIS and/or OSPF
· Knowledge and experience with network operating systems such as Cisco IOS and Junos.
· Experience working in a Linux/Unix environment
· Experience in automation via Bash/shell scripting and Perl/Python programming.