Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a dynamic and growing multi-billion dollar business that enables Sellers to leverage all of the physical capabilities of Amazon - transportation, storage, pick & pack, and customer service. From the Seller's point of view, FBA provides a way to take advantage of Amazon's scale to build and grow their ecommerce business. Basically, send your stuff to us and we'll sell and ship for you (plus take care customer service) with the same high level of standards that Amazon customers expect.
We are continuously building and inventing systems that enable Sellers to grow their business faster. From a technology point of view, FBA creates many challenges of scale and complexity that result from being the intersection between software and the physical world. Our large distributed systems are composed of several dozen different services. For example, we own systems that enable Sellers to create inbound shipments, integrate with carriers like UPS to provide shipping discounts, perform complex optimizations to determine inventory placement, and use predictive techniques like Machine Learning to estimate when a shipment will arrive. In addition to backend systems, FBA also owns a diverse set of Seller-facing Web UIs that are continually enhanced, including new Mobile versions. To support our level of scale and rate of growth, we need an experience and passionate leader who will relentlessly drive to improve both the quality of our systems and the Seller experience they provide.
The Manager of Quality Engineering leads a growing team responsible for quality across all of FBA. This leader will work closely with a team of Software Development, Business, Finance, and Operations managers. This leader plays and crucial role in bringing the best practices across all of these functional areas to ensure that the software we build and the technical processes that we implement are quantifiable with respect to quality and always getting better.
The successful candidate will be passionate about building a great organization, obsessed with quality improvement, relentlessly committed to creating world class automation for regression and feature testing, able to manage a fast paced delivery schedule and drive a high-level test strategy, as well as take a hands-on approach to implementing that strategy in partnership with the software development teams
· Understanding how all elements of the system software ecosystem work together and developing QA approaches that fit the overall strategy.
· Establish the overall quality vision and roadmap for FBA. Create annual goals that are quantifiable and stretch the organization always insist on the highest standards.
· Invent new mechanism and processes for testing such as automated tests for new Mobile device form factors and automatic generation of test automation code.
· Push for improvements in overall Seller experience that include trouble ticket reduction, Seller support contact reduction, and quantifying software quality through every stage of the development process.
· Drive testing methodology and tools to support agile and web based application development lifecycles
· Overseeing the development and execution of test plans and monitoring and reporting on test execution.
· The successful candidate is an experienced QA manager who a track record of driving team engagement and bringing consumer facing products to market