Description de l'offre
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you'll fit right in here at Amazon. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers' experiences in ways we can't even imagine yet.
We are seeking a hands-on leader, who is able to design, drive, direct and execute world class computer vision systems. This leader will be directly responsible for all aspects of computer vision, from research to prototypes, and ultimately to production.
This leader must be articulate and possess the communication skills to convey proposals and specifications to other teams and disciplines within the organization at all levels.
· PhD in computer science, mathematics or related discipline with focus on computer vision or machine learning, or equivalent experience
· Scientific thinking and the ability to invent, a track record of thought leadership and contributions that have advanced the field
· More than 5 years of experience conducting CV research and software development
· More than 2 years of experience managing an R&D team
· Experience hiring, growing and retaining an R&D team
· Strong publication record of papers at relevant top conferences in computer vision and machine learning
· Depth and breadth in state-of-the-art approaches for at least one of the following: localization and mapping, object detection and tracking, or semantic scene understanding
· Passion to work with physical robots and bridge the gap between theory and practice
· Experience writing production code with programming languages such as C++, Java, Python
· Excellent written and spoken communication skills.