Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you'll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers' experiences in ways we can't even image yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
Amazon Robotics is seeking a talented and motivated Sr. Hardware Test Engineer. The test engineer is responsible for the creation of test programs, plans and methods for subsystem verification test and complete system verification and validation tests to support ongoing and new product development programs. The incumbent will work with hardware engineering, technical operations (manufacturing engineering) and software engineering to define, execute and report on verification and validation tests for our complete mobile-robotic fulfillment system.
The Hardware Test Engineer will be responsible for:
· Working with design and process engineering to develop test programs, test methods and test plans to verify designs and qualify manufacturing processes
· Participating in design failure mode analysis to help identify high risk areas for test.
· Participating in overall risk analysis to help determine the correct priority order for test execution
· Writing test plans and executing these plans or ensuring that they get executed in a timely manner.
· Analyzing test results and author design verification test reports.
· Working to improve the overall test and metrology capability of the organization.
Ideal candidate profile
Ideal candidates will have the following skills:
· Experience writing efficient, detailed and precise test methods that verify product requirements and participating in the refinement of these requirements as necessary
· Highly analytical with experience in multiple test methods including statistical methods such as statistical Design of Experiments (Taguchi methods)
· Deep understanding of statistical methods and the ability to develop appropriately powered experiments using these methods
· Experience with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
· Ability to read an electrical schematic and understand its function
· Experience with reliability analysis and measurement
· Experience with LabVIEW or other programming language or scripting such as C++, C#, Java, Python, etc.
· Willingness and desire to roll up your sleeves and execute test plans as required
· Ability to work with test technicians and coach more junior team members
· Demonstrated experience in new product introduction and development of verification test methods and documentation of test results
· Self-starter, capable of working independently and building strong cross functional relationships
· Very strong written and verbal communication skills