Amazon Go is a new kind of physical store with no lines and no checkout—you just grab and go! Customers simply use the Amazon Go app to enter the store, take what they want from our selection of fresh, delicious meals and grocery essentials, and go! Learn more at amazon.com/go.
As the Sr. Category Manager, you will drive the key prepared foods categories including sandwiches, breakfast, salads, heat & eat entrees, baked goods, and more. You will develop a deep understanding of customer needs in brick and mortar and translate insights into a long term strategy. You will work with external vendors to deliver the category vision, while also partnering with the internal team to create a cohesive prepared foods menu. Key elements of this strategy will include enhancing the overall customer experience, driving selection, negotiating with vendors, and creating a category pricing structure. You will have P&L ownership and be responsible for driving revenue and profitability.
In addition to delivering the business goals, you will work across the organization with tech teams, store operations, finance, food safety, design, legal, and product management to build processes that will act as a foundation for the prepared foods business. These processes will impact customers, integrate with Amazon Go technology, and support in-store procedures.
The successful Sr. Category Manager must be able to:
· Develop customer insights that translate into action
· Act as the ‘business owner' for his/her categories
· Build processes around new activities that simplify the way we operate
· Adapt to an ever-changing environment and be able to cut through ambiguity
· Coordinate cross-functional teams, and communicate with internal and external parties, while meeting tight deadlines
· Conduct financial analysis of business opportunities to meet and exceed revenue and profitability goals
You'll get to interact with customers in-person daily and be a customer yourself. You'll have wide-open space for improvement and innovation and, be part of a passionate team. This will require a willingness to dive into the details, solve new problems as they arise, be comfortable with ambiguity, and look around corners while always obsessing over customers.