Do you like working with very smart technical and business people who are at the forefront of defining and inventing digital media delivery and presentation? Do you like working on multiple product lines and at the same time analyzing and identifying the common threads and issues that can be leveraged to solve multiple problems? If so, this could be a job for you The Digital Media Technology group builds unique and exciting digital products for Amazon Kindle, Digital Video, Audio, Music and Digital Text products. We build an eclectic set of rich media ingestion technologies, platforms and processes, taking what's possible with digital media to the next level.
· Software Support Engineering is a shared services organization responsible for providing multi-faceted application engineering services to multiple Digital product development teams.
· Developing Tools, applications, code improvements and scripts to resolve operational burden of support engineers and Operations
· Support engineering and troubleshooting on issues related to the digital platform services and content for various products
· Interface with content acquisition, content providers, operations and technical teams to ensure content publishing and delivery as per service level agreements
· Production Builds, Tools, and Configuration Management for software product releases and successful deployments.
This job requires you to constantly hit the ground running and your ability to learn quickly and work on disparate and overlapping tasks will define your success. Some of the key job functions of the support engineer are:
· Provide first level of support for tickets filed for Kindle Tablets
· Provide engineering support of our incoming tickets, including extensive troubleshooting and debugging, with responsibilities covering multiple product lines.
· Work on maintenance driven coding projects, primarily in Perl or shell scripts, web technologies, and Java based projects.
· Read and understand complex application code and make code fixes to resolve support issues
· Software deployment support in staging and production environments.
· Develop tools to aid operations and maintenance.
· System and Support status reporting.
· Ownership of one or more Digital products or components.
· Customer notification and workflow co-ordination and follow-up to maintain service level agreements.
· Work with Seattle engineering team for handing-off or taking over active support issues and to create a team specific knowledge base and skill set.