Description de l'offre
The Amazon Search team builds the largest shopping search engine in the world. Whenever a customer searches or browses using an Amazon website or application, we connect them to the products and services they are looking for. The Search Data and Machine Learning Engineering team designs, builds, and operates distributed infrastructure and applications to process and analyze the petabytes of data that flow through Amazon Search. Our systems power research, train machine learnt models, deliver ranking data to our production systems, and provide business insight into Amazon's retail business. Our data powers live-site features, including search suggestions, query understanding, spelling, search result ranking, and personalization. We are located in downtown Palo Alto, a short walk from numerous shops and restaurants, and right across from the Caltrain station.
The data team is looking for experienced engineers to develop our Apache Hadoop and Spark based data pipelines and analytics systems. Grow your career by being a key contributor to systems that process billions of records per day and influence the outcome of every product search on Amazon.
As a Software Development Engineer - Test, you will:
· Build with modern AWS services including EMR(Spark), Glue, Athena and Redshift.
· Focus on data quality, scalability, latency, fault-tolerance, and cost efficiency in every system built
· Explore available technologies and design custom solutions to improve our data quality, workflow and job manageability and scalability; leverage cutting-edge tools and technology to continuously improve our data analytics infrastructure and reporting capability.
· Drive quality initiatives and point out areas that require attention.
· Participate in setting a vision and objectives for the team
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field
· At least 3 years of experience coding in Java, C++ or Scala
· At least 3 years of experience with SQL and RDBMS