Description de l'offre
Want to watch a movie at the end of a long week, but not sure what to choose? Looking for a new show while you wait for the next season of Game of Thrones to start? So are millions of our Amazon Video customers. The discovery recommendations team suggests videos that are relevant and tailored to our customers' schedules and environments. We help our customers find content they didn't even known they were looking for, continuing to surprise them with the depth of our catalog.
We're seeking a Software Development Manager to lead the ongoing development of personalized recommendations, to help customers find titles they will enjoy based on their previous viewing behavior. We tailor these recommendations through a variety of machine learning and heuristic based algorithms that you can help shape. Not only will you be exposed to the cutting edge of machine learning research, you'll collaborate with talented teams of engineers and scientists to create services to run these predictions on distributed systems at incredible scale and speed.
Some examples of the things we work on:
· Using Neural Networks and Deep Learning techniques to find titles that customers will enjoy
· Build and operate services that deliver millions of recommendations per second
· Extend models and algorithms to support our ever growing ways of consuming content (subscriptions, live, rentals etc), dealing with unique challenges such as observational bias and rapidly scaling dimensions
· Constantly experimenting with changes to the underlying algorithms and models to deliver relevant content to a wide variety of customer experiences
If you are ready to truly make an impact on a product that is used by millions of people around the world, including your own friends and family, then we would love to talk to you.
· BS degree or higher in CS (or related program) with 3+ years of relevant, broad engineering experience, and at least 2 years software development engineer management experience
· Strong verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated technical leadership
· Deep hands-on technical expertise
· Strong business and technical vision
· A deep understanding of software development and a proven track record of shipping high quality software on time
· Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
· Experience with large scale web services and distributed systems
· Experience in Agile/Scrum software development practices