Description de l'offre
Amazon People Technology seeks a Software Development Manager (SDM) who excels in turning big ideas into practical solutions. In People Technology, we use modern technologies to solve complex problems at scale. We deliver an engaging, intuitive, personalized experience that empowers employees to quickly take control of their worklife anytime, anywhere. As our solutions simplify and automate tedious manual tasks, more people can focus on meaningful work. We make life better for hundreds of thousands of fellow Amazonians.
You like solving hard problems because the big challenges make you feel alive. You seek out greenfield opportunities to design systems that function smoothly at scale, are adaptable to the changing needs of our employees, and solve hard problems with surprisingly simple designs. In short, each design is an opportunity for your high standards to shine.
If you have already designed products that scale to meet demand, combine the best of internal and external services, and grow to meet the complex needs of your customers, you will fit right in. We are technical experts, but we go further. We know technology always exists in a larger context, so we analyze technical solutions from our customer's perspective to be confident our solutions always delivers the intended result. If you want unsolved problems that will challenge you beyond your technical abilities, Amazon People Technology is the place for you.
Choose to join us and you will own the design of major features from end-to-end, from Web UI and mobile app to dependent services and persistent storage. You will have access to the inside track on cutting-edge AWS technologies such as DynamoDB, S3, Lambda, API Gateways, Kinesis, SQS, Pinpoint, and SNS to invent new solutions. The PeopleTech Hub team team is reinventing how Amazonians manage their worklife. Are you ready to take on the biggest challenge you ever had fun solving?
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Lead highly-effective teams, delivering highly available and reliable software for large, critical, and complex systems.
• Independently lead hiring and performance management for your team
• Recognize the high and low performers are and coach individuals for performance at both ends of the spectrum
• Create the identity and structure for your team
• Inculcate a culture of innovation and operational efficiency in the team
• Influence technical priorities and business strategy through data-driven contributions
• Successfully manage all stages of a program (from concept to delivery)
• Define all aspects of projects and programs including collecting requirements, writing high-quality documents and doing sprint planning
· Bachelor's Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or related fields
· Proven track record of hiring and managing high performing engineering teams
· 5-10 years of experience in software development and 3 years as a development manager
· Ability to work with teams at all levels of the organization
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
· Excellent analytics and problem solving skills