The Finance Technology team owns software platforms responsible for handling billions of dollars worth of transactions that must be processed accurately and timely. Our focus is on innovating and simplifying the accounting close by building and operating Amazon scale touch-free close platforms.
We are looking for an exceptional Software Development Manager (SDM) to enable our customers with scale and capabilities. Above all else, the successful candidate will be a passionate builder of talent and teams.
The SDM will leverage our business processes expertise and lead the engineering team to deliver large-scale near real time data ingestion, calculation, and presentation platforms for financial teams across the globe for Amazon. You will be accountable for driving the entire product life-cycle, from platform product definition through specification, coding, quality assurance and launch.
· Building and managing a team of engineers through hiring and training and transition.
· Lead design reviews and offer feedback on design, integration, performance and scalability.
· Serve as a technical authority and mentor, develop, and train the engineers.
· Make performance, functionality and technology selection decisions using expert knowledge in current software development methodologies.
· Develop long term domain/technology strategies and significantly influence the process and engineering standards in the team.
· Ownership, operational excellence and road-mapping of existing platforms.
· Ongoing development of standard operating procedures and accountability for setting and meeting team goals.