Description de l'offre
Do you want to own and drive the development of highly scalable, pan-EU services and web applications that form the backbone of Amazon's EU Supply Chain and Transportation operations? Join the EU Supply Chain and Transportation Technology team and help us in our mission to turn business knowledge into machine knowledge. You will lead a group of software engineers in creating products to automate and optimise complex operational processes while developing and growing a talented engineering team that delivers.
Supply Chain and Transportation is seeking an innovative, committed Software Development Manager that will broaden the vision and solidify the delivery of services and applications to solve core business problems across Amazon EU Supply Chain and Trans Ops. The ideal software manager is interested in Big Data and Machine Learning and wants to work in a startup environment with a diverse group of individuals. If you can think out of the box and love turning business problems into technical solutions then this is the job for you.
If you join our mission, you will leading a diverse team of individuals and have the opportunity to:
· Own the products, vision and roadmap for tools that are used by hundreds of users across Supply Chain and Transportation Operations.
· Work with and learn many different technologies every day including Java, and AWS services like S3, SQS, etc.
· Work on the full stack and entire lifecycle our products, from the roadmap to the design/architecture to implementation and continuous iterative development and deployment of services.
· Interface closely with internal and external customers to quickly drive new products, new features and new ways forward in the project, issue, ticket and develops management problem space across the company and externally.
· Own the team charter from end to end: including the product vision, direction, roadmap and the growth of the team.
About Amazon's EU Headquarters in Luxembourg - Wëllkomm zu Lëtzebuerg!
Our teams in Luxembourg are in the middle of everything. As the headquarters for Amazon's European operations, Luxembourg is home to leadership teams from across the company. The office is a great opportunity to work closely with both business and technical leads on critical projects and grow your career.
The country itself is in the middle of Europe. Set among a picturesque background of medieval ruins, Luxembourg City is home to numerous multinational companies, which creates a diverse city. Seven out of ten residents of Luxembourg City are expats, who hail from 167 different countries. In addition to having three official languages: Luxembourgish, German, and French, English is widely spoken.
Simply put, Luxembourg works hard to make expats feel at home. For those who love to travel, the country is centrally located making it easy to visit cities such as, Paris, Cologne, and Brussels by train. Barcelona, Rome and Berlin can be reached in less than two hours by air.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
· 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
· 2+ years people management experience
· Experience with OOD and object oriented languages