Description de l'offre
Are you up to the challenge of leading a team that solves security problems associated with services that run at massive scale? Are you the type of person who instead of talking about problems likes to quickly assemble a team of engineers, whiteboard out a fast and scalable solution? Are you known as the leader people turn to in your organization when the right solution isn't clear? Do your people follow you from team to team because they see how you help them succeed? Do you obsess about your customers and go beyond the extra mile to make sure every solution you build can have a measurable impact? Wait no further, the gates of EC2 await you.
This position requires a person with a strong software development management and some security background (optional) who will lead a team of strong software engineers to build robust services, quickly determining the right priorities, driving for the right architecture decisions and clearing out any roadblocks in the way of the right solution.
We are a rapidly growing team within EC2. This software development manager will own a portion of that space and help solve interesting challenges in the security world. The team is building the right tools in order to keep our customer safe in a continuously changing world. As part of this, you will:
· Be responsible for owning multiple security related services and guiding architecture. This includes new development, maintenance and operations.
· Mentor and lead engineers and guide them towards good software development practices
· Be a leader in the team, EC2, and AWS around cloud security
· Assist with periodic on-call escalations; help address tough issues, make sure our tools catch the right things, and we're not always implementing the quick solution to issues. Find balance between short term and long term solutions.
Come join an amazing team of experts to solve interesting security issues and keep EC2 safe for our customers.
· BS in Computer Science or equivalent
· 6+ years of industry experience, including 3+ years as a manager