Description de l'offre
We're seeking a Software Development Manager for the Amazon Digital Commerce team, responsible for our cutting edge worldwide digital payments processing applications and subscription services. These systems are the core of Amazon's digital payments, supporting large scale business operations such as Amazon Prime, Video, Music, Kindle, Audible.com, Digital Software & Video Games (and more), and representing hundreds of millions of transactions per month.
As a technical software delivery leader, you'll be collecting business and systems requirements, architecting solutions, developing delivery commitments with your team of engineers, making technical trade-off decisions, managing launches, and monitoring real time payments operations.
The ideal candidate will have a prior hands-on software development background, with recent managerial experience leading technical teams and delivering large, complex distributed cloud applications. High judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent and leadership are essential to success in this role. We are looking for a self-starter who enjoys working with very smart, entrepreneurial engineers and business teams, and likes solving problems with real customer impact.
While you'll be leveraging existing Amazon technology, you'll also be building our next generation software and tackling some very large scale and challenging problems that haven't been solved yet anywhere else in the world. You should be comfortable building prototypes, challenging assumptions and thinking of creative ways to tackle problems.
· BS in Computer Science or related area
· At least 8 years of experience planning, designing, developing and delivering large scale software.
· At least 5 years of experience managing software development teams, including managing the complete software development life cycle for large scale products and services, within an Agile/Scrum environment.
· At least 5+ years of experience establishing software engineering best practices including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
· At least 3+ years of working knowledge of Unix/Linux, Java, REST, and cloud computing technologies