Description de l'offre
Amazon's Demand Forecasting group is looking for a seasoned and technical software development manager. We build the systems and algorithms that predict customer demand for all products sold on the Amazon platform--a key input to Amazon's entire supply chain. We are applying advanced statistics and machine learning techniques to improve forecast accuracy, while tackling cutting edge "big data" problems in storage and computation.
You will be responsible for leading a team of talented software developers in the design and development of systems that improve demand forecast accuracy. You will define the vision and technical roadmap, while satisfying scaleability, reliability and performance goals. You will own and drive technical projects and provide leadership in an innovative and fast-paced environment. You will participate in the overall planning, execution, and success of a complex cross-functional team, work closely with research and other development teams, actively participate in recruitment of candidates for technical positions and mentor junior technical staff.
Successful candidates will have an established track record delivery developing complex software systems, excellent people and project management skills, keen technical aptitude, solid communication skills, and be driven to achieve results in a fast paced environment.
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or related discipline with 4+ years of experience; or Bachelor's Degree with 5+ years of experience.
- 2+ years of experience leading a software development team through multiple product/platform releases.
- 3+ years of experience making significant individual contribution to real-world software development.
- 3+ years experience with an object-oriented programming language; strong object-oriented design and algorithmic analysis background.
- Able to operate independently and lead through ambiguity in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a proven ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.