Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer devices. Based in California, Lab126 has teams of experts working on devices such as the Fire TV, Echo, Echo Show and the new Amazon Cloud Cam. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
As a Software Development Manager – Amazon Cloud Cam, you will be responsible for leading a team of engineers working on cutting edge large scale cloud services that will be used by millions of upcoming Amazon Cloud Cam customers. This position gives you the opportunity to work with world class Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning experts, to build the cloud systems that allow their algorithms to be used by millions of people. The role will be working on developing the story of Cloud Cam working with within the larger Amazon ecosystem, integrating with Echo and beyond. Work with streaming video, large scale deployments and high performance computing, both CPU and GPU related, as well as solve distributed systems problems. This position involves team management, design, architecture and operation of large scale cloud systems.
· Working with external teams to bring Cloud Cam technology to their roadmap
· Ownership of the overall systems development life cycle.
· Execution against project plans and timely delivery of committed results.
· Management of day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment.
· Management of departmental resources, staffing, and mentoring.
· Building, enhancing and maintaining a best-in-class engineering team.
· Working closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical designs.
· Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management.
· Maintenance and enhancement of software frameworks for development.