Description de l'offre
Opportunity to lead a novel AWS web-service, at the forefront of creating the next major computing platform. Lambda@Edge -- the team behind serverless compute at the edge -- is looking for exceptional software engineers to be part of a world class team changing the way people develop distributed software applications.
You should be somebody who is passionate about customers, and running highly available distributed platform on the Internet world. You must enjoy a close-knit team environment of shared responsibility. The ideal candidate will have strong distributed systems experience, application security, and will have developed highly available systems (four nines) over the course of their career.
As part of the team you will:
· Green-field opportunity to create a globally distributed computing web-service !
· Own and build one of the lowest latency and highest throughput services in all of AWS.
· Be in charge of the complete software development lifecycle; defining, prioritizing, designing, building, and testing new features.
· Design and build systems that scale to hold millions of records and reply to billions of queries per second.
· Learn what it takes to grow and operate a global business at our scale.
· Provide services that are core to all modern Internet businesses.
The position is based in AWS HQ at Seattle.
More about Lambda@Edge - https://aws.amazon.com/lambda/edge
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field and three years of experience in the job offered or as a Software Engineer, Software Developer, or a related occupation. Employer will accept five years of experience in the job offered or a related occupation as equivalent to the Bachelor's degree and three years of experience. One year of experience in the job offered or a related occupation must involve: providing technical leadership and project management for all aspects of the software development lifecycle; and developing large-scale, multi-tiered distributed software systems using Java, C#, or C++; service-oriented architecture; and distributed programming.