Description de l'offre
Interested in Amazon Echo and Alexa? We've already added dozens of new capabilities to Alexa since launch, including Pandora, Google Calendar, Audible, sports scores and schedules, and more.
You might've noticed the launch of Alexa calling and messaging; but as its still day! Alexa Communications is looking for a passionate engineering manager to help drive our vision and create even more exciting, new features and magical experiences that foster personal interactions in the right place and at the right time.
We're working hard, having fun, making history; come join us to build cutting edge new technologies and the “communication brains in the cloud”.
As a key leader of the communications team you will be responsible for development and launch of new Alexa communications capabilities. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define these product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product.
The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about new opportunities and has a demonstrable track record of success in delivering new features and products. Commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems. The ideal candidate has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast.
You will have an enormous opportunity to impact the customer experience, design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products that will be used every day by people you know. No matter what the role, we're looking for people who are passionate about innovating on behalf of customers, demonstrate a high degree of product ownership, and want to have fun while they make history.
As Software Development Manager, you will be responsible for leading a team of engineers in design, development, test, and deployment of new customer and developer facing Alexa skills and capabilities. A successful candidate will have an established background in building customer facing products and services, the ability to build and manage a team of skilled engineers, a strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
· Responsible for the overall systems development life cycle.
· Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments; Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment.
· Management of departmental resources, staffing, mentoring, and enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class engineering team.
· Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach.
· Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management.
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
· 7+ years of experience designing and developing complex, interactive consumer applications
· Technical credentials, with at least 3 years of experience managing software development teams, ideally with some hands-on architectural or distributed systems experience
· Knowledge of the tools of the trade, including a variety of modern programming languages (Java, C/C++, C#) and open-source technologies
· Experience building customer and developer facing products and services, with a passion for user experience