Description de l'offre
Amazon.com and its subsidiaries are leaders in the online retail industry, enabling customers WW to purchase millions of unique items. Amazon Prime, is the membership program that gives customers unlimited FREE Two-Day Shipping on millions of eligible items. Prime members also get many digital benefits like Unlimited Photo Sharing. Prime members in US get free downloads of thousands of movies and TV serials and can borrow a Kindle books without charge.
The Prime program is experiencing both horizontal (multiple membership variants for different life stages of customer) as well as vertical growth (multiple countries) and it provides new challenges and opportunities for technology team to evolve the platform to support this growth. The Prime technology team in Bangalore is looking for a top-notch Software Development Manager to lead a team of talented engineers to attain this growth. The ideal candidate for this position is expected to deliver technology solutions which allows us for faster expansion and at the same time ensure design excellence and technical stability of the solutions. The candidate will be expected to dive-deep with team on technical design & business features to develop the right solution. This profile involves working with cross-functional and multi location teams. The candidate will also actively participate in recruitment of engineers and mentor the team.
You would be the right candidate for this position if you are able to translate complex business requirements into practical & scalable technology solutions, have proven ability to build & develop a great team, believes in continuous process improvement and able to resolve ambiguities to steer forward and deliver on commitments.
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field and 10+ years of software development experience.
· Minimum 3-4 years of managing multi-disciplinary team of developers and quality engineers.
· Strong project estimation & planning skills with experience of driving projects end-to-end.
· Proven experience of designing highly scalable, highly available and low latency enterprise solutions.
· Computer Science fundamentals in Object-Oriented Design, Data Structures, Design, Problem Solving and complexity analysis
· Proven ability to translate customer needs into business and product requirements
· Proven analytical and quantitative skills ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop project business cases and deciding the right priority.
· Hands on experience of implementing modern software development practices like Agile (Scrum), BDD, TDD etc.
· Working experience with J2EE, Service Oriented Architecture, UI technologies, Integration technologies and Continuous Deployment