Description de l'offre
The NA Consumer Economics team uses Science and Machine Learning to understand and influence the complex economy of Amazon's Consumer business. We partner with central teams to apply our knowledge and models with their technology to grow quickly at scale. We are an interdisciplinary team, committed to using cutting edge technology and leveraging the strengths of engineers and scientists to build solutions for some of the toughest business problems at Amazon.
In this team, you will:
· Work on a variety of challenging problems that have to potential to significantly impact Amazon's business and competitive position.
· Collaborate with groups of experts and cross-functional colleagues in an agile environment.
· Learn and grow by being exposed to multiple organizational problems in a short time frame.
· Be expected to discover, define, and apply scientific, engineering, and business best practice.
· Work with business leaders, scientists, and economists to translate business and functional requirements into concrete deliverables, including the design, development, testing, and deployment of highly scalable distributed services.
· Partner with scientists, economists, and engineers to help deliver scalable ML and econometric models while building tools to help our customers gain and apply insights.
In this role, you will lead and grow our team of high-performing SDEs. In the larger scope of the role, you will be responsible for rethinking the assumptions behind how traditional infrastructure and services are built and maintained in order to create the agility necessary to develop and incubate new solutions to challenging business problems. You will own the design, development, testing and deployment of these services. You will draw from a deep and broad technical expertise to mentor engineers, complete hands-on technical work and provide leadership on complex technical issues. You will manage and be responsible for delivering some of our most strategic technical projects, deliver large scalable systems, design new software systems at the cutting edge of distributed database technology and have a significant bottom-line impact on our business and competitive position.
A successful candidate will bring deep technical and software expertise, strong business acumen and judgment, an ability to define visionary, ground breaking products, desire to have an industry wide impact and ability to work within a fast moving, startup environment in a large company to rapidly deliver services that have a broad business impact. We are particularly interested in candidates with experience building predictive models and working with distributed systems.
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
· Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, C++, C#
· 12+ years industry experience
· 3+ years of experience in leading and managing software engineering teams
· Proven experience building extensible backend system platforms
· Proven experience mentoring and training the engineering community on complex technical issues