Description de l'offre
Are you passionate about developer productivity and high performance software? Are you a technical leader who wants to both follow and lead the industry? Are you curious enough to see how deep the rabbit hole goes when it comes to the diverse and cutting edge technologies and business models of Amazon?
Service Frameworks & Libraries provides solutions that handle the complex and undifferentiated functionality for implementing service-oriented software in Amazon. We own the service frameworks and clients used by every Amazon development team. We own libraries that provide foundational functionality like recording metrics, logging diagnostics, serialization, authentication, and more. Amazon developers have used our frameworks and libraries to build software that serves all Amazon customers.
As the Software Development Manager for System, Software and Service Intelligence your team will remove the complexities related to runtimes, will gather system and service metrics and will aggregate diagnostic data and systems leading to improved resiliency. We will measure, monitor and easily inject best practices at runtime and service level providing uniformity across complex services graph for improved resiliency. You will be responsible for setting and communicating a bold vision for your team and Amazon's use of native development languages. You will be responsible for recruiting and developing top talent of all levels who can deliver on your vision. You are expected to participate in all phases of the software development lifecycle and be accountable for the most depended on software across Amazon.
· A desire to contribute to an environment where everyone wants to work hard, have fun, and make history.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline or equivelent industry experience.
· Must have 5+ years of industry experience developing software.
· Must have 3+ years managing software development teams.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Able to set business and technical direction and influence others.
· Strong Agile project management skills.
· Experience with large scale distributed systems.