AWS Marketplace (https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/) is an online store that helps customers find, buy, and immediately start using software and services that run on the AWS Cloud. We are looking for an experienced Software Development Manager to build a new team and take ownership of critical pieces of our Business Activity Management Framework. As the leader and a founding member of this new team, you will be responsible for building the team, helping craft a vision, building a roadmap, and delivering. Additionally, you will have significant influence on our overall AWS Marketplace strategy, drive system architecture, and spearhead best practices for your team.
In this role, a commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. Creating a reliable, scalable, and high performance service requires exceptional technical expertise and a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science and large-scale distributed systems. You should be somebody who enjoys working on complex system software, is customer-centric, and feels strongly about building good software as well as making that software achieve its operational goals.
We are looking for an experienced Software Development Manager to help us grow the AWS Publishing, Business Activity Management team. You will help build the next generation platform for managing business processes and machine workflows across AWS. We are changing the way business stakeholders discover, execute, analyze, and improve business processes. Our platform enables developers to quickly automate business processes using standard languages and patters in a federated fashion. This is a new service, and we have a lot of exciting components to build, and a lot of interesting integrations to work through. Please reach out to us if you'd like to learn more!
Do you take pride in building outstanding products? Are you looking to take your career to the next level? Do you like working with different teams across organizational boundaries to solve complex problems? If so, this is a unique opportunity for you – read on!
If you have over 5 years of experience as a hands-on software developer, have worked with distributed systems at scale, and have experience in start-ups or possess a “start-up mentality”, keep reading.
· Enjoy delivering valuable software to customer on a frequent basis
· Obsess over software performance and challenge yourself and others to deliver highly scalable, reliable and fast computation platforms?
· Challenge yourself to find long term solutions to software performance, availability and scaling issues?
· Possess great problem solving skills and are able to follow through with a clean and maintainable implementation?
· Have a passion for continuously improvement on the systems that you own
· Have a high bar for coding excellence and a passion for design and architecture?
· Want to work with the latest AWS technologies to achieve rapid scale
· Want to work in a team that will have large scale impact but still operates like a small startup?
· Either live or desire to live in the greater Seattle area?
We move fast and have fun, while being deeply involved in solving some of the most complex and provide business value to our customers.