Description de l'offre
Amazon Kindle is a revolutionary reading device and Kindle Content is one of the most innovative and fast growing business at Amazon. Our vision with the Kindle is to make every book ever published, in any language, available to Kindle customers instantly. Leading innovations on furthering the reading experiences will drive the future of digital reading of complex non-fiction content and complex language specific layouts. In order to make this possible, we are looking for leaders with a passion for solving challenging technical problems and create superior reading experiences. We are seeking an innovative, results-oriented customer-centric Software Development Manager to be part of the Kindle Rendering technology organization.
You will manage a software development team providing both strategic and tactical oversight to build features and functionalities required to have best-in-class reading experiences and options for Kindle readers. You will have the opportunity to dive deep into solutions across Kindle Reading applications on variety of platforms and form factor devices, practice excellent project management, set expectations on delivery both upstream and downstream of your team in an agile environment.
You should have gone through at least two full software delivery lifecycles with a minimum of 5 years of hands-on software development experience and at least 2 years experience managing teams.
You should have demonstrated solid leadership skills in a fast-paced and demanding work environment and be very comfortable with delivering solutions of complex nature for mobile devices.
You should have proven leadership skills in a fast-paced demanding environment and be very comfortable with delivering solutions for mobile platforms. Past experience in developing interactive application for IOS and/or Android platforms and/or PC/Mac will be a plus. A successful candidate may have an established background in developing customer-facing experiences, a strong technical ability on algorithms and software architecture and object oriented designs, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to solving complex problems in a fast paced environment.
· Mentoring and Developing software engineers at different experience levels
· Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments; manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment
· Management of departmental resources, staffing, mentoring, and enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class engineering team
· Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and tradeoffs and partner with Engineering teams for end-to-end solutions for best customer experience
. Participate in periodic product strategy sessions and planning team roadmap and strategy
. Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management
. Must have a strong background in Computer Science and have at least a Bachelor's Degree in the area or its equivalent.
· 8+ years of industry experience with at least 2 year experience managing team of skilled software development engineers and interfacing with other highly technical engineering leaders
· At least 5 years of hands-on software development experience with Object oriented software design and development, Programming in C++/Java/Objective-C
· Demonstrate technical leadership of both people development and projects execution with strong customer focus
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills are required
· Experience and interest in helping teams resolve critical issues under time pressure
· Demonstrate ability to lead teams, work cross-functionally, and build consensus on difficult issues and communicate clearly
· Experience and ability to develop processes and procedures which will enhance the product quality for our customers and developers experience
· Focus on peer mentoring, code reviews, architectural consultancy and team-work
· Possess strong verbal and written communication skills
. Participate in non-technical aspects including idea generation, business analysis and process optimization collaborating with program managers and product managers.