Description de l'offre
Amazon Digital Music - Shop, Stream, Live.
Imagine being a part of a small, agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions within a matter of months. Picture working on cutting edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born, and come to life as Prime Music, and the Digital Music store.
Everyone on our team has a meaningful impact on product features, direction, and delivery. We are looking for new team members across a variety of job functions including software engineering/development, marketing, design, ops and more. Come join us and make history by launching exciting new projects in the coming year.
Come innovate with the Amazon Music team!
We are located in downtown San Francisco in the heart of the financial district. We're easy to reach by bike, bus, MUNI and BART.
The Amazon Music Delivery engineering team delivers high quality music streams, samples, and downloads to client players to provide great listening experiences for our customers. Our customers are music listeners. Our primary stakeholders are client and service teams who work together in the audio delivery process
As the development manager for this team, you thrive in environment with high energy, can handle high scale operations, build new capabilities, and increase the performance of a development team. You have a strong understanding of scalable service and application design, high availability services with low latency, and have high standards for quality in engineering.
You will have technical ownership of key aspects of Amazon Music's delivery platform globally. You will work closely with product, business and partner manger teams to build and enhance the tools and processes to support high quality, low latency audio playback. You will lead a talented and nimble team of engineers to support and scale existing systems and features and create new capabilities. Responsibilities include management of 6+ engineers, operations management and quality of service improvements, hardware planning, project management, technical design, and scrum management. You are a strong leader who can prioritize well, know how to properly deal with ambiguity and changes in scope, have great communication skills, and have a track record for delivering results.
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for Amazon leaders:
· Demonstrates excellent judgment
· Mentors and leads great people
· Passionately insist on high standards (never satisfied with the status quo)
· Is able to dive deep and is not out of touch with the details of the business or the technology
· Requires innovation of your team
· Has passion and convictions and the innate ability to inspire passion in others
· Results oriented
· Thinks big
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
· 5+ years of relevant engineering experience
· 2+ years people management experience
· 3+ years Java services development experience
· Experience with back-end distributed systems
· Knowledge of the Agile Development Methodology