Financial Ledger & Accounting Systems Hub (FLASH), a division within Amazon’s eCommerce Platform Organization (eCP) is leading big innovations in business systems integration and defining the future of accounting. Our systems are advancing one of the world's most scalable, reliable, and secure e-commerce platforms that processes hundreds of billions of dollars in transactions, in multiple currencies and countries. We are at the center of Amazon’s key initiatives and fueling the growth of Amazon’s businesses worldwide by constantly raising the bar on the speed at which business teams can integrate with our platform. This position is located in the beautiful city of Vancouver.
As a Manager here, you will lead your team of high performing engineers to build, scale, monitor, and optimize systems within FLASH. You will interface with several teams including Retail Systems, Marketplace Systems, Digital Systems, Web services, Financial systems and operations. Our mission is to provide a world-class customer experience using scalable and robust software, so the challenges and opportunities span both the business and technical realms.
A successful candidate will be a hands-on manager with an established background in developing high volume and highly available services, strong technical ability, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
Your day-to-day responsibilities:
· Build a best-in-class engineering team that delivers excellent results through rapid iterations
· Design and develop state-of-the-art approaches to solving complex and ambiguous problems
· Cultivate engineering and operational excellence through metrics and continuous learning
· Provide thought leadership and establish technical vision for the team
· Mentor and grow super star SDEs to take on increasingly higher responsibilities