Amazon QuickSight is AWS’s first fully managed, native cloud based data visualization product that enables customers to extract insights from their data, quickly and easily even with no technical knowledge. We are re-inventing business intelligence with the goal of allowing everyone to make data driven decisions.
We recently launched a new innovative usage based pricing model that is a huge differentiator in the BI market and are now looking for a Software Development Manager to lead our Billing and Administration initiatives. As a manager in QuickSight, you will be responsible for wearing many hats and owning critical pieces of the product. You will help in defining the creative vision, product requirements, and user experience while also leading a software engineering team to drive the product from concept all the way into customer’s hands.
A successful candidate should be highly autonomous and able to be an independent problem solver. If you can communicate clearly, have a passion for native cloud products and love to lead engineering teams to build innovative software products – then come join us in making history and disrupting the BI industry!
As a part of this role, you will:
- Build and manage a team of Software Engineers.
- Foster career growth and a strong team culture.
- Recruit, hire, mentor, and coach technical staff.
- Interface with our external customers to understand requirements, set priorities and communicate direction and progress.
- Own all operational metrics and support for your team’s software.
- Manage the agile development process and methodology to deliver value to customers.
- Help develop long-term development and business technology strategies.