Description de l'offre
Amazon is all in on games.
We believe the evolution that began with arcade communities a quarter at a time, growing to the live streams and esports of today, will continue to a future where everyone is a gamer and every gamer can create, compete, collaborate and connect with others at massive scales. If you share our belief that games will produce some of the future's most influential voices in media and art, come join us. At Amazon Game Studios, you'll have the power of Amazon Web Services' cloud, Twitch, Amazon Lumberyard, and our digital and physical media publishing infrastructure available as raw material to forge a future filled with amazing experiences for players, broadcasters and creators.
You are a Software Development Manager with broad game development experience and world-class team leadership and software engineering skills. You will lead a team focused on making the most efficient content pipeline possible for a brand new cross-platform AAA game title. You will be a key voice of leadership impacting a key project in the Amazon Game Studios portfolio. Your team includes industry veterans of dozens of titles including Need for Speed, Burnout Paradise, Forza, Mechwarrior Online, Call of Duty, Half Life 2, and Halo. This is a rare opportunity to get in at the beginning and help shape the foundation of a brand new AAA game title. Successful candidates will have a track record of shipping quality software and also excel at communicating effectively within a growing organization.
As a Software Development Manager, you will be expected to:
· Build and lead a team of high performing software engineers to deliver and support a long-lived AAA quality game title.
· Help drive the architecture and technology choices that enable a world-class user experience.
· Lead the development of project plans and commitments, and then deliver consistently against those commitments.
· Be a champion for the gamer: Build games that thrill and entertain our players and create new ways to delight customers.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer-Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.
· 3+ years of people management experience
· 7+ years of professional software engineering experience, working on multi-discipline teams.
· At least 1 released game on which you were a primary contributor. Self-published titles are acceptable.
· Demonstrated leadership responsibility for delivery of a technically demanding product, in a team environment, from idea conception through launch
· Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch and SLA-driven operations