Description de l'offre
The Amazon Device Services organization is hiring a Software Development Manager to lead a team that owns connectivity for Amazon Devices. This is an opportunity to influence one of the most important customer experiences across all Amazon devices, such as Kindle, Fire TV, Fire Tablets, Amazon Echo, and Amazon Dash. Additionally, you will lead efforts to bring these technologies more broadly to IoT devices across our ecosystem. The role will require you to build and own software on a variety of different technology stacks from backend web services to mobile app development to embedded IoT platforms, and work closely with partners that integrate with the components the team owns (device firmware, network protocol, and multiple large-scale services).
As a Software Development Manager you enjoy taking on hard, ambiguous problems and breaking them down to their simple parts. You are creative, driven, and highly productive. You are a great team player who will naturally elevate the performance of the people around you. You have a track record of quickly ramping up on complex technical systems, demonstrating strong judgment, and identifying big picture opportunities for our customers. You have the ability to manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment and deliver results
· BS/MS in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
· 8+ years of professional software development experience
· 3+ years as a people manager
· Experience building scalable systems/applications from conception through successful delivery to customers
· Experience with professional software engineering best practices such as Agile project management, coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations