Description de l'offre
RBS Tech is developing an automated solution – Sherlock – to ‘Walk the Store' (WTS) in a scalable fashion. Sherlock uses Machine Learning/Deep Learning to search across Amazon's selection, looking for products that might have errors and that may disrupt customers' shopping experiences. The suspect items are reviewed for validation and fixed, in the process helping the machine to learn. Last year the team worked on identifying Text attribute mismatch issues, by applying various deep learning techniques and an ensemble of classifiers. The errors identified by Sherlock are consumed and fixed by multiple business teams in Amazon Retail Organization.
Sherlock team was the recipient of the "Valuable Risk" award during the 2018 Amazon Tech Conference for its innovation.
This year, we have three very interesting and highly ambiguous use cases like image color and object mismatches, variations errors (IVF and UVF) and expanding the scope of Text attribute mismatches. Additionally we are also undertaking various engineering enhancements to underlying platform in order to improve the performance, scale and reliability of the platform. We have an target to increase the scale by 30x to 40x and that itself presents a lot of new engineering challenges for the team to solve.
We are looking for a Software Development Manager (SDM) to lead and define the technical direction, build exceptional teams and drive operation excellence of a massive scale (multi-millions transactions per day). As SDM, you will lead highly-talent team of engineers and interface with product managers, program managers and Operations team to continuously push the bar on product innovation. Your work will directly impact our customer experience, save millions in concessions. If you are customer obsessed, self-driven, tenacious and analytical individual (optionally with a flair for machine learning), you will have fun solving our business problems of unprecedented scale.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related technical discipline
· 12+ years' full-time experience in development
· At least 3 years of experience as engineering manager; handling people, process and product deliverables.
· Experience in leading and delivering complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Experience in building high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems.
· Willingness to dive deep, experiment rapidly and get things done.