Description de l'offre
Ever wondered how Amazon offers the Earth's biggest selection and still manages to offer lower prices every day to our customers? Our retail business teams work with a massive array of vendors and business financial performance metrics to expand selection and drive costs lower. Given the rapid growth of our business, this requires our category leaders, financial analysts, site merchandisers and vendor managers to quickly analyze vendors, categories and brands, diving deep into data showing business efficiency down to the unit sale level. The technology that enables this has huge visibility and impact and is critical to Amazon's continued profitability and growth.
We're working on the future. If you are seeking an environment where you can drive innovation. If you want to apply state-of-the-art software technologies to solve real world problems. If you want the satisfaction of providing visible benefit to end-users in an iterative fast paced environment, this is your opportunity. The responsibilities of this role will be key in paving the future of Amazon Retail and transforming how we do business.
You will be part of a team of creative, top-notch software developers to work hard, have fun, and make history. Software engineers at Amazon are more than just order takers; they see a problem and leverage innovative technology to address it. You will be working with very large data sets, well beyond the scalability limits of conventional relational databases. We're looking for people who innovate, love solving hard problems, and never take "no" for an answer.
Our team is within Retail Financial Intelligence Systems and develops sophisticated tools for the Amazon Retail businesses, supporting deep dive analysis, vendor negotiations and business planning towards enhancement at the bottom line. We also provide financial and operational reports to Amazon retail vendors worldwide.
To learn more about Financial Intelligence Systems, visit our page at http://bit.ly/AmazonFIS
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
· 5+ years of relevant software engineering and/or development management experience
· 2+ years of experience as a development manager with development staff reporting to you
· Strong technical credentials, with expertise in OOP, Java or C++
· Strong software design skills - experienced with architecting highly scalable and low latency systems
· A strong foundation in Computer Science fundamentals, such as algorithms and data structures
· An ability to handle multiple competing priorities
· Experience with cross-functional multiple-team based software development
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner
· Proven track record of hiring and coaching engineers
· Proven track record of delivery and managing high performance teams
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations