Description de l'offre
Ever wondered how Amazon offers the earth's biggest selection and still manages to offer lower prices every day to our customers? The Contra COGS team creates the systems to drive costs lower. Given the rapid growth of our business we apply cutting edge technology to complex business problems. We are seeking SDEs who want to stretch both their technical abilities and their business awareness while solving such problems. These projects have huge visibility and impact as those are tied very closely to Amazon's profitability and growth.
Are you seeking an environment where you can drive innovation? Do you like coming up with clever algorithms that can process vast amounts of data? Do you want to apply state-of-the-art computer technologies (AWS/Map-Reduce) to solve real world problems? Do you want to pave the future of Amazon Retail, enhancing how we do business?
We are currently engaged in a major re-architecture effort to rebuild our core calculation system from the ground up. We will be moving from a batch processing system to an event driven system that can significantly reduce the time it takes to perform our calculations. The systems we build need to operate at Amazon scale and ensure financial accuracy. To overcome these challenges, Amazon's Contra COGS team is looking for passionate, talented, and super-smart software engineers. We are looking for people who innovate, love solving hard problems, and never take 'no' for an answer. Our engineers are top-notch software developers in the industry, who work hard, have fun, and make history.
To learn more about Profit Systems, visit our page at
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
· Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
· Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
· Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
· Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
· Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, C, C++, C#, or Perl