Looking for an opportunity that has a large blast radius, improves the lives of millions of customers, accelerates thousands of engineers, and increases the speed of innovation at Amazon? Good, because we have one of those exciting opportunities for you.
Amazon provides rich interactive features to purchase a book, rent a movie, stock up on toiletries, buy a snowplow, discover a new wine, rent a herd of goats to mow your lawn, and much more. AmazonUI is the nimble team that architects the front-end framework used to build these features across PC, tablet and mobile devices worldwide. The UI testing of Amazon retail website across devices, browsers, and platforms is a challenging task because of its dynamic nature and that too when changes keep coming in production every hour. Our team is on the critical path to change the way UI testing is done and we are building next generation UI automation framework powered by machine learning, computer vision, and artificial intelligence. We are looking for a talented, detail oriented, and enthusiastic SDET with exposure to these technologies who is excited about the new cutting-edge technology offered to consumers and is passionate about building tools.
In this role, you will build smart automation tools to solve the UI testing problems using ML, AI, computer vision and improve internal test frameworks. You will work with stakeholders to define the problem, come up with the technical proposal to solve the problem and implement it. You will work with the QA team for the refinement and adoption of the tools and take it to the production to reduce manual QA efforts to make us more agile.
The successful candidate must have a strong drive for results, goal driven, obsession with quality, a team player, and has the ability to work in a fast-paced start-up like environment.
Ideal candidate profile
1. Bachelor's/Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical field.
2. 4+ years of experience as a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
3. Excellent coding skills with in-depth knowledge of computer science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, and algorithms.
4. Demonstrated experience in test frameworks design and development.
5. Demonstrated ability to go the extra mile to do things right and fast.
6. Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
7. Able to mentor other engineers in the technical aspect.