Software Development Engineer: Selection Classification
Want to teach machines to search for needles in a haystack? Ever wonder how you can keep the world’s largest selection also the world’s safest and legally compliant selection? Then come join a team with the charter to monitor and classify the billions of items in the Amazon catalog to ensure compliance with various legal regulations and policies. The Selection Classification team is looking for outstanding Software Development Engineers to build technology to automatically monitor the billions of products on the Amazon platform. The software and processes built by this team are a critical component of building a catalog that our customers trust.
You will have an opportunity to work with cutting edge machine learning algorithms on large datasets. Your will need to build Amazon scale applications running on Amazon Cloud that both leverage and create new technologies to process large volumes of data that derive patterns and conclusions from the data.
· 3+ years of experience designing, building, deploying, operating, scaling, and evolving distributed systems and high-volume transaction application in a 24/7 environment
· 3+ years of industry experience in software development in Java or C++
· Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
· Passion for optimizing systems
· Solid communication skills and ability to work well in a team are critical
· Experience in Agile/Scrum development process