Description de l'offre
1. THE Amazon Business Search TEAM
Amazon Business Search is a new group of seasoned engineers, product managers, designers and scientists DETERMINED to redefine how business customers discover products for work. Our vision is to make Amazon Business the default product discovery destination for businesses. We will provide business customers with the relevant products to their job function and create shopping experiences that will be unparalleled. Amazon Business is a marketplace on Amazon.com that combines the selection, convenience and value customers have come to know and love from Amazon, with new features and unique benefits that address the needs of businesses.
2. THE CHALLENGES WE WILL TACKLE
As with every project within Amazon, we work backwards from our customer's needs and the challenges they have. Our team tackles some of the toughest problems in retail search for businesses:
· Streamline the discovery and purchase experience for products across Amazon.com and remove all stress in the process. It will be easy to discover and purchase “the relevant one”.
· Inspire our customers with beautiful experiences and relevant products.
· Personalize customer experience to help them find useful products that match their preferences, interests and job functions.
· Provide expert advice and information that help guide our customers in their decision-making process.
· Allow customers to create their personal work preferences and use that to influence the website's shopping experience.
· Improve the customer's search experience on the website by providing intelligent filter using user profile, their industry and job function.
3. THE TECHNOLOGY
In order to achieve our vision, we think big and tackle technology problems that are cutting edge. Where technology does not exist, we will build it. Where it exists, we will need to modify it to make it work at Amazon scale. As the problem is so wide and the team new, we need members who are passionate and willing to learn:
· Search&Discovery. We build core product search and discovery technology to produce the most relevant and accurate results for our customers pertaining to their business.
· Amazon scale systems. All of our technology needs to work at Amazon scale, serving business customers with millisecond level latencies.
· Big data & analytics. Amazon is data driven and a strong data backbone is necessary in our systems. We build upon core AWS services such as EC2, S3, DynamoDB, etc. If you are interested in learning or gaining expertise, join us.
· Personalization and machine learning. All technologies will be used in experiences adapted to what customer need, want or prefer. We work with advanced machine learning technologies to tackle these problems.
· User interface & web development. We will create beautiful and dynamic frontend experiences that requires deep knowledge of relevant technologies such as AngularJS, JQuery, etc.
4. OUR CULTURE AND YOU
We are a tightly knit group that share our experiences and help each other succeed. We love hard problems and like to move fast in a growing and changing environment. We use data to guide our decisions and we always push the technology and process boundaries of what is feasible on behalf of our customers. The most successful members of our team are obsessed with helping our customers in creative ways and bring clarity to ambiguity through data driven experimentation. If that sounds like an environment you like, join us.
Your role will include:
- Writing solid code, making smart design decisions and building scalable software services.
- Work across Amazon to creatively leverage existing services and APIs for our product
- Work with category leaders and product managers to build features used by millions of people every day, and be proud of it.
- Solve complex problems that have a large and direct impact to customers and high visibility
· B.S/M.S. in Computer Science or a related field
· Proficiency in object oriented languages like Java/C#
· Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, object-oriented design, algorithm design and problem solving.
· Work well in a fast-moving team environment and effectively drive cross-team solutions having complex dependencies and requirements