Description de l'offre
Souq.com is the largest ecommerce site in the Arab world and it's an Amazon Company. Every month, Souq.com attracts more than 35 million visits to its catalogue of more than 1.5 million unique products in 20 different categories, including consumer electronics, household goods, fashion, watches, perfumes, toys, and baby products. Established in 2005, Souq.com today operates both as an award-winning retail business and an online marketplace that allows SMEs, merchants, brands and distributors to distribute their products online.
With more than 3,000 employees, we operate with the scale and ambition of a big corporation, but we cultivate a strong entrepreneurial and nimble mindset to ensure we execute with speed and efficiency. We have offices and local operations in UAE, Egypt, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and Kuwait, and leading Product and Engineering centers in Jordan and India. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, and a unique opportunity to join the leading player in an ever growing and exciting industry.
We are looking for Software Development Engineers to be based in Amman, Jordan with 3+ years of solid Software engineering experience involving solving complex problems. They will get to work on some of the key initiatives planned to support our rapid evolution and growth of Amazon International Expansion Business. and in the process solve some of the most challenging problems. They will:
· Design, implement, test, deploy and maintain innovative software solutions to transform service performance, durability, cost, and security.
· Use software engineering best practices to ensure a high standard of quality for all of the team deliverables
· Write high quality distributed system software
· Work in an agile, startup-like development environment, where you are always working on the most important stuff.
· 3+ years industry experience in designing software architecture, and operating scalable software systems
· Requirement analysis, failure analysis, API design, distributed consistency
· Distributed caching (memcached, Redis, or comparable technology)
· Metrics, analysis, and software profiling
· Strong object-oriented design skills with understanding of common design paradigms
· Experience with Java or other object oriented languages- preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform including JVM internals or equivalent lower-level implementation
· Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
· Experience writing unit and system level tests using dependency injection frameworks and object mocking
· Experience in optimization mathematics (linear programming, nonlinear optimization)
· Oral and written communication skills (ability to produce runbooks, technical, and non-technical documentation)
· Experience coaching junior software development engineers including code review and design review
· Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or related technical discipline