Description de l'offre
If you're interested in innovation that drives product adoption using ML, on a team with minimal operational load and a healthy work-life balance, then Targeted Sampling is for you.
The team: Targeted Sampling is a program in the Consumables organization. Free samples of new products are sent to customers selected using ML, thus ensuring a higher likelihood of conversion than display ads. The program has a challenging mix of problems involving targeting, fulfillment, customer and vendor experience, and cross-campaign learning.
The role: As a software engineer on the Targeted Sampling program, you will have to wear many hats. The team has a start-up mentality, and as such demands entrepreneurial and collaborative behavior from all its members. The technology team builds the core systems to automate and track sampling campaigns—and ultimately enable self-service—and collaborates with Data Scientists to build automated models that inform targeting and measure campaign success. We are completely moving to NAWS. This will require that you develop your own skills across multiple AWS services, and mentor others to do the same. Our work has a high degree of ambiguity and requires a careful balance of short- and long-term goals. As we work closely with Product Managers, you will grow your business skills as well.
The Consumables organization: The Consumables organization comprises various programs that cooperate to ensure maximum synergy. Leaders have high focus on personal development and working smartly, while maintaining a healthy work-life balance—we have no-meeting-Mondays and WFH alternate Fridays.
Primary Responsibilities include:
1. Design, own and deliver large/complex software systems with effective scaling while keeping operations to a minimum
2. Collaborate with stakeholders to manage expectations in terms of project delivery and personnel growth, ensure a robust long-term vision, and architect best-in-class solutions
3. Work with your team to optimize day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment while ensuring high quality output
4. Assist in recruiting, mentoring and growing a highly skilled team of Product Managers and Software Engineers.
1. Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
2. Background in data structures, algorithms, object-oriented design and systems architecture.
3. Minimum 3+ years of software development experience building and maintaining scalable distributed systems across the full software lifecycle including design, implementation, testing, operations, and maintenance.
4. Fluent in one or more modern programming languages such as Java, C# or C++, or Python
5. Strong verbal and written communication skills (beyond technical domain)
6. Self-starter and willing to learn new technologies
7. Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.