Description de l'offre
At Amazon Web Services (AWS) we work hard, play hard and make history. We believe that work should be a fun place where you can hone your natural talents. We believe in people taking Ownership of their space, and driving initiatives with all their creativity to Deliver Results for our Customers. If this sounds like the place you would like to work, send us your resume/CV. You will be surrounded by people who are smart and passionate about cloud computing and supporting our customers.
We are looking for good people who love coding, technology, playing with gadgets/libraries/frameworks and above all, someone who enjoys learning new things. At Amazon, you'll learn new things and learn to look at the things you already know in new and interesting ways. When we say “working at scale” we really mean it.
AWS Customers are continuing to leverage AWS Services for applications ranging from exploratory to targeted innovative solutions to business-critical systems. A key deciding factors for our customers in choosing AWS is the quality and reliability of the support they expect. Kumo is our software engineering organization to help us scale the support capabilities. Kumo engineers build technology so our customers can make the best of their investment in AWS, and have world-class support along the way. Kumo engineers work on a range of interesting challenges, like (a) providing timely and personalized information about availability of AWS resources, (b) self-service ways to solve problems in using AWS resources, and (c) efficient case management for fast and complete resolution of cases. Kumo engineers leverage latest technology, extensive set of Amazon/AWS tools and frameworks, and rely on a diverse, experienced and talented peer group to solve the challenges.
You will have knowledge in the following disciplines:
· You recognize and adopt best practices in web development engineering: design, testing, version control, documentation, build, deployment, and operations.
· You have a working knowledge of the latest UI technologies, frameworks and concepts including HTML 5, REST, jQuery, AJAX, CSS3, SOA, Responsive design
· In an MVC software model, your work is primarily focused on the view of the application, and occasionally the controller.
· You can define APIs and integrate them into usable interfaces
· Working knowledge of back-end programming (C++, Java, Python)
· You solve problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context.
· You develop pragmatic solutions. You build flexible/scalable systems without over-engineering and choose simple, straightforward solutions over more complex ones. Where existing solutions are known, you use them.
· You understand fundamental data structures and algorithms and know how, when and when not to use them.
· You anticipate and prevent future problems from occurring
· You understand the trade-offs between usability, performance, internationalization and localization, cross-browser compatibility, obfuscation and optimisation, and cutting-edge user interface implementation
· You have a working knowledge of UI design principles and are able to apply style guides to new interface use cases.
· You understand how web applications work, perform and scale. You are comfortable with troubleshooting and problem analysis
· Design and implement features that enable screen readers to interpret what is displayed on the screen for a visually impaired user
· You recognize and utilize user interface design patterns to solve business problems with highly accessible and usable web applications.
· You build an understanding of what users do and why they do it to ensure the solution meets their needs and is fit for purpose.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer, and we value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Amazon is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from South African citizens who are members of designated groups who may contribute to Employment Equity within the workplace and the further diversification of ideas. In this regard, the relevant laws and principles associated with Employment Equity will be considered when appointing potential candidates. We are required by law to verify your ability to work lawfully in South Africa. Amazon requires that you submit a copy of either your identity document or your passport and any applicable work permit if you are a foreign national, along with an updated curriculum vitae.
· Must have a crazy love for computers and technology
· Must have an obsessive thirst for knowledge
· Must stand up for what you believe in
· Must be inventive and able to simplify iteratively
· Must think it is fun to try new things
· Must have taken apart to fix (or break) your toys as a kid
· Must know how to laugh (even at yourself)
· Must like things done the right way (almost always my way)
· Must love solving the big and hard problems
· The technical skills required for this role include strong object-oriented design and programming in Java.
· A deep understanding of Computer Science fundamentals is essential (know those data structures and algorithms)
· Experience working pragmatically under deadlines with operational software is highly desired.
· Bachelor's degree required in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or other quantitative field.