Description de l'offre
At Amazon we work hard, play hard and make history. We believe that work should be a fun place where you can hone your natural talents, learn to excel and excel at learning. We believe in allowing people the freedom to be creative and to be themselves. If this sounds like the place you would like to work, send us your CV.
Just a quick warning: Our standards are high, very high. We are completely committed to our teams and we expect nothing less in return.
We are looking for good people who love coding, technology, playing with gadgets/libraries/frameworks and above all, someone who enjoys learning new things.
At Amazon, you'll learn new things and learn to look at the things you already know in new and interesting ways. When we say “working at scale” it means something different from anybody else saying it.
You'll work in a team environment alongside the best in the industry. We are looking for bright and talented people who are keen to learn and share their insights with us. So, if you are the type of person we are looking for then please let us know. We look forward to a conversation with you!
The ideal candidate should be motivated to create the perfect user experience for millions of users and strive for continuous improvement. Creating the perfect user experience on the web requires a blend of technical knowledge, customer obsession and agility. Our web systems need to be extremely responsive and highly scalable. If working in a dynamic and delivery focused environment interests you, this may be right for you.
You will need to demonstrate knowledge in the following disciplines:
· You understand the trade-offs between usability, performance, internationalization and localization, cross-browser compatibility, obfuscation and optimisation, and cutting-edge user interface implementation
· You have a working knowledge of UI design principles and are able to apply style guides to new interface use cases.
· You understand how web applications work, perform and scale. You are comfortable with troubleshooting and problem analysis
· You recognize and adopt best practices in web development engineering: design, testing, version control, documentation, build, deployment, and operations.
· You have a working knowledge of the latest UI technologies, frameworks and concepts including HTML 5, REST, jQuery, AJAX, CSS3, SOA, Responsive design
· In an MVC software model, your work is primarily focused on the view of the application, and occasionally the controller.
· You can define APIs and integrate them into usable interfaces
· Working knowledge of back-end programming (C++, Java, Python)
· You solve problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context.
· You develop pragmatic solutions. You build flexible/scalable systems without over-engineering and choose simple, straightforward solutions over more complex ones. Where existing solutions are known, you use them.
· You understand fundamental data structures and algorithms and know how, when and when not to use them.
· You anticipate and prevent future problems from occurring
· Design and implement features that enable screen readers to interpret what is displayed on the screen for a visually impaired user
· You recognize and utilize user interface design patterns to solve business problems with highly accessible and usable web applications.
· You build an understanding of what users do and why they do it to ensure the solution meets their needs and is fit for purpose.
· Must have a crazy love for computers and technology
· Must have an obsessive thirst for knowledge
· Must stand up for what you believe in
· Must be inventive and able to simplify iteratively
· Must think it is fun to try new things
· Must have taken apart to fix (or break) your toys as a kid
· Must know how to laugh (even at yourself)
· Must like things done the right way (almost always my way)
· Must love solving the big and hard problems