Description de l'offre
Amazon Kindle has changed the way books are published, sold, and read across the globe. Independent authors are now able to publish and sell direct to readers through Kindle and print-on-demand offerings, enabling them to reach audiences never before available. Kindle readers are able to download any book in any language in sixty seconds. Come be a part of changing the way the world reads.
The Kindle Content Technology team is searching for a strong technical leader in software development engineering. This person will work on building a product to meet the growing demands of the reading community and the publishing industry. This team will have abundant green-field opportunities to innovate in an underserved segment. You will closely work with product managers and business teams to understand the domain and design to meet those and future requirements. You will mentor a team with a mix of junior and experienced engineers, acting as the technical leader and setting the architectural vision and direction for the team. You will need to be able to articulate technology choices and decisions to a diverse group and be able to influence them. In all, this role is an exciting mix of solid technical complexity, technical leadership, partnering with the business team, and delivery excellence.
The ideal candidates will have solid experience in architecture, design & delivery of platforms built preferably on Java and Amazon Web Services technologies. Candidates with proficiency in building data intensive, performant applications or platforms will also be considered. You will be passionate and obsess about providing a premium customer experience.
· BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field
· 3+ years of professional software development experience
· Excellent programming skills in object-oriented languages including C, C++, C#, Java or Python
· Strong fundamentals in core Computer Science areas like Data Structures and Algorithms
· A deep appreciation of scalability issues and high volume data handling
· Experience designing cloud architectures that scale horizontally