The Amazon Devices team designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle family of products. We have also produced groundbreaking devices like Fire Tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Dash Buttons, and Amazon Echo.
We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet. As a SDET in this team, you will be working with a unique and gifted team building exciting products for consumers and collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams, including Amazon Robotics.
As a SDET on this team, you will be leading test automation and infrastructure development, test new design and architectural choices which have a significant impact on our systems, our business and most importantly, our customers. You will be working directly with Developers, UX Designers, Product Managers, and TPMs to ensure quality development and quality of our applications and platforms.
The ideal candidate will have industry-leading technical abilities and excellent communication skills. This person should have a combination of in-depth knowledge of Quality Assurance, solid understanding of the mobile application software, and knowledge of object oriented design principles. The test software you build should expose defects in hardware, services, and application code as well as defects at component and feature integration levels.
· Understanding of Android or IOS operating system is highly desired
· Experience with open source test tools
· API automation testing including working experience with unit test automation frameworks
· Ability to triage issues, react well to changes, work with teams and ability to multi-task on multiple products and projects
· Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills
· Experience building test frameworks for creating applications on various platforms
· Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
· Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices
· Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
· 1+ years of experience as a developer, QA Engineer, or as an SDET
· 1+ years of experience in Java or C development, or white box testing
· 1+ years of experience in C++, Python, Shell, or Java
· 1+ years of experience to programmatically test the product, measure test coverage, develop the best automation, drive testability and diagnostic ability into the product, while promoting best practices in quality areas