Description de l'offre
The International Technology organization owns the discovery and delivery of Amazon's cutting-edge engineering to customers across the world. We do this through partnerships with other Amazon technical teams, providing them with a massively scalable platform, tools and resources to make their global approach easy. Our work spans the technology stack from mostly back-end service technology to some front-end customer experience.
Amazon's Internationalization (I18N) Platform team is making it easier for groups across Amazon to bring their products and features to a global audience. The work we do reduces the effort and enables other teams to more efficiently internationalize their products. This is a problem space that is not unique to Amazon, but one in which we are taking a unique approach to solving. We also own services that bring latest exchange rates in to Amazon for currency conversion.
We are looking for a software engineer that is wants an opportunity that will stretch their knowledge, that will provide challenges to learn and develop new skills, and that will force them to creatively solve problems at a massive scale! You will have the opportunity to work directly with dozens of core platform and customer-facing teams, internationalization gurus, and business leaders across Amazon as you develop the platform that will have a direct impact on hundreds of teams, and millions of customers.
In this role, once you are ready, you will be asked to provide guidance and direction to developers across Amazon on how to properly globalize their products and features.
Responsibilities for this role will include:
· Build technology-based solutions that reduce the development and business cost of globalizing products and features
· Be a champion for operational excellence: Insist on the highest standards and write excellent code
· Help define and drive the architecture and technology choices for the I18N Platform
· Design, implement, and operate highly-scalable, highly-available services
· Partner with service and feature teams across Amazon to better understand and deliver on opportunities
· Develop yourself and those around you by participating in, and leading training and knowledge-sharing sessions
· Mentor junior engineers on the team
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer -- Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
· Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent in Computer Science, or related field
· 3+ years professional experience in software development building systems that scale
· Candidates must be self-directed, demonstrate leadership potential and be team players
· Strengths in coding, data structures, algorithms, object-oriented design, and designing for performance, scalability, availability, plus internet and OS security fundamentals
· Proficiency in at least one modern programing language such as Java, C++ or C#
· Be able to thrive in a fast paced, high energy and fun work environment where we're agile (i.e. Scrum) and deliver value incrementally and frequently