Description de l'offre
The Amazon Search team creates powerful, customer-focused search and advertising solutions and technologies. Whenever a customer visits an Amazon site worldwide and types in a query or browses through product categories, the Amazon Search services go to work. We design, develop, and deploy high performance, fault-tolerant distributed search systems used by millions of Amazon customers every day. Our team works to maximize the quality and effectiveness of the search experience for visitors to Amazon websites worldwide.
The Product Search organization's mission is to help customers efficiently find anything they are looking for. This charter requires us to build solutions that go beyond lexical matching and semantically understand the intent of the customer. Helping customers succeed in their mission helps us to earn their trust and win their loyalty. This is a rare and exciting opportunity, which is at the intersection of lucrative business opportunity, innovative research and a tremendous learning opportunity. The ideal candidate will have experience building machine learning models and information retrieval systems at scale. Additionally, we are seeking candidates with strong rigor in software development principles and practices.
In this role, you will...
· Develop and build reliable software systems and platforms that run the search service.
· Build data pipelines necessary to collect and curate data for training large scale machine learning models.
· Propose and validate hypothesis to direct our business and product road map.
· Work with scientists to make low latency model predictions and scale the throughput of the system.
· Focus on identifying and solving customer problems with simple and elegant solutions.
· Take complete ownership of the problem, and collaborate/mentor with your peers to deliver the right technical solution and business outcomes.
Joining this team, you'll experience the benefits of working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment, while leveraging the resources of Amazon.com (AMZN), one of the world's leading internet companies. We provide a highly customer-centric, team-oriented environment in our offices located in Palo Alto, California.
· · 3+ year of experience in implementing real-time online software systems with very low latency, very high throughput and very high concurrency.
· 3+ years of experience with Java, C++ or other programming languages commonly used in server side technologies.
· 3+ years of experience with service oriented architecture, building APIs and latency optimization.
· BS in Computer Science or related field