We build worldwide innovative solutions that makes the magic of Amazon happen for hundreds of millions of customers around the world every day. The SCALE and growth rate of this team allow you to make a tremendous IMPACT! In 2018, FBA enabled small and medium sized businesses to ship billions of products around the world. You will literally invent the future that enables Small and Medium size Businesses to have the same reach and scalable economics as the Fortune 50! This is an opportunity to work with a fast-growing team of passionate and talented engineers.
Our teams are pioneering new technology that range from predicting where products will be purchased so we can locate it in a warehouse as close as possible to the end customer, integrating with new robotics in our warehouses, creating new ways to ship products around the world (including our own fleet of planes), creating web applications millions of people use, to reinventing how the supply chain works. For example, last year, one of our teams created a new piece of technology that allowed packages to be unloaded from a truck onto a conveyor belt moving at 60 feet per second. Without slowing down, we created the technology that used four 2000-by-1-pixel cameras and a scale, to take a picture of all 6 sides of the box (including the side that is face down on the conveyor belt), measure the dimensions, weigh the package, and make the items instantly available for sale on the Amazon website.
What is Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA)?
The Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) team
Ideal candidate profile
• Candidates must have a Bachelor in Computer Science Engineering or related field.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Possess an extremely sound understanding of areas in the basic areas of Computer Science such as Algorithms, Data Structures, Object Oriented Design, Databases.
• Be able to write Amazon quality code in an object oriented language - preferably in C/C++/Java in a Linux environment.
• Candidate must have good written and oral communication skills, be a fast learner and have the ability to adapt quickly to a fast-paced development environment.