Bill Generation combines large scale (processing trillions of events a month, averaging 40M events per second emitted by AWS's global infrastructure in 11 regions), high accuracy (the computation produces results with 8 decimal accuracy), and flexibility (supporting business use cases for AWS services such as EC2, S3, CloudFront, etc.). All of this results in computational artifacts (i.e. bills, detailed billing reports) for all AWS customers (~2 million) ranging from Netflix to Apple's iCloud to Amazon.com to AWS internal teams.
We are looking for talented software engineers to build the world's most powerful billing platform, in terms of accuracy, security, scale, and features.
In this role you will:
· Write high-quality, efficient, testable code in Java and other object-oriented languages.
· Build highly available, secure, distributed systems in a microservices architecture.
· Collaborate with some of the best engineers in the industry to work on some of the most complex challenges in large-scale computing.
· Own and operate the systems that you build based on real-time customer data and demanding service-level agreements.
· Contribute to implementation, testing, operations, and process improvement as a member of a Scrum team.
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline.
· Minimum of 1+ years of experience in designing and building multithreaded and fault tolerant applications.
· Experience troubleshooting and debugging production issues.
· Proficiency with modern object-oriented programming languages such as Java, Ruby, C#, C++, preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.