Description de l'offre
Ever wonder what happens after you buy something from Amazon? That's when our team's systems take over.
The Herd workflow platform is the behind-the-scenes engine ensuring that whatever you buy gets delivered, fast - whether that's a 1-hour Prime Now delivery of toilet paper or the latest MP3 album from your favorite band.
While what we do impacts all of Amazon's customers, our direct customers are actually internal: our platform is offered as a “tier-1” cloud service to other software development teams inside Amazon. As part of the eCommerce Foundational Technologies organization, we solve core infrastructure engineering problems, building cloud platforms that power Amazon.com. Hundreds of teams inside Amazon choose to use Herd for their business-critical workloads, including time-sensitive order processing – and our adoption is still growing!
We are looking for bright and passionate engineers to join a group of talented developers to help keep pace with our rapid growth. We are building next-generation workflows systems that operate at Internet-scale, calling hundreds of web services hundreds of thousands of times each second. We are a team that thrives on moving fast (we deploy software changes to production through a continuous automated pipeline multiple times every day), ensuring the highest of availability (“downtime” is not in our vocabulary), designing solutions to help our fellow engineers and customers, and having fun.
In this role you will be responsible for tackling core software engineering problems – optimizing in-memory databases and workflow execution engines, designing and implementing fault-tolerant distributed systems, and providing tenant-isolated quality-of-service guarantees – all while leveraging AWS cloud technologies to architect highly scalable systems.
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
· Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
· 2+ years professional experience in software development
· Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
· Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
· Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
· Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as Java , C++, or Python