Description de l'offre
Ever tried to find a needle in a haystack? Now scale this, by imagining this operation being executed millions of times per second on trillions of objects. As one of the largest known distributed systems on the planet, S3 can present you with challenges that you won't find elsewhere. We seek visionary people to help us define exciting new technology.
Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) is storage for the Internet and is one of the largest distributed computing systems on the planet. AWS S3 currently stores trillions of objects and regularly services millions of requests per second. Through the use of pioneering techniques in distributed computing, developers can durably store their data on AWS's proven computing infrastructure to achieve virtually limitless storage capacity at minimal cost. Amazon S3 provides simple APIs that can be used to store and retrieve any amount of data, at any time, from anywhere on the web. While the emerging area of cloud computing has seen tremendous growth over the past few years, we are still in the early stages of realizing its full potential.
The S3 Customer Experience team is looking for passionate, experienced software engineers to build the next generation data tools. As a member of the S3 Customer Experience team, you will have the unique opportunity to both take part in design, development and ownership of entire backend sub-systems that solve hard distributed system problems as well as doing the same for new API's that are used by millions of applications around the world. Join us as we define S3 for customers and significantly drive growth not just for S3, but for the entire AWS ecosystem.
You will work on the AWS S3 Service team and work on mission-critical infrastructures, tools and processes that enable our engineers to iterate at a crazy pace. You'll investigate and create new systems for scaling development and production.
· Design, implementation, deployment and maintenance of mission-critical infrastructures and services that enable our engineers to iterate at a crazy pace.
· Use software engineering best practices to ensure the standard of quality of all team deliverables
· Write high quality distributed system software
· Work in an agile, startup-like development environment, where you are always working on the most important stuff.
· Mentor junior software development engineers
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or closely related field
· 3+ years of experience with one of the modern programming languages such as Go, Python or Java
· 2+ years of experience developing in a Linux environment