Description de l'offre
Prime Video is changing the way millions of customers interact with video content. The Prime Video team delivers high-quality instant video to Amazon customers through subscriptions (Amazon Prime) as well as purchases and rentals. Amazon believes so deeply in the mission of our video offering that we've launched our own studio to create original and exclusive content.
We are building a team from scratch to work on prime video engagement systems. You will build V1 backend services using AWS technologies.
Are you looking for an opportunity to use machine learning and add a valuable skill to your developer toolkit? Are you prepared to take on manual and partially automated business processes and replace them with high-velocity AI enabled services? Prime Video is looking for software developers willing to embrace ML, re-invent established business processes, and replace them with an algorithm driven platform. Prior experience with machine learning is not required, though will be helpful.
You will join a development team that interacts with marketing and data scientist teams. Our team researches and builds channels through which we engage and stay connected with our customers, such as dynamic video ads, personalized e-mail recommendations, and social media. The services we build rely on leading edge machine learning techniques to learn about our customer needs and to match them with a wide array of video content. In short, we have exciting challenges in an industry that's doubling in size every year, and you can be a part of it.
You should expect to exercise both your coding skills and creative abstract thinking as you map real world processes to ML enabled systems. The skills you will gain are not Amazon Video specific and you will be able to apply them to a vast domain of problems later on.
If you are ready to truly make an impact on a product that interacts with millions of people around the world, including your own friends and family, then we would love to talk to you.
Equally important to these specific skills are a candidate's ability to multi-task, quickly adapt to new development environments and changing business requirements, learn new systems, create reliable/maintainable code, and find creative and scalable solutions to difficult problems.
The ability to communicate clearly and concisely both written and orally is a key competency as is demonstrable skill as a self-starter. We are looking for candidates who are passionate about delivering world-class, digital media experiences to our customers. A BS in computer science or equivalent is required; an MS is preferred.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Vet
· 1+ years industry experience in designing software architecture, leading software development groups, and operating scalable software systems
· Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
· Expert working knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and object oriented design, design patterns.
· Strong object-oriented design skills with understanding of common design paradigms
· Experience with Java or other object oriented languages- preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform including JVM internals or equivalent lower-level implementation
· Experience writing unit and system level tests using dependency injection frameworks and object mocking
· Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or related technical discipline
· Ability to work within a diverse team