Alexa, the voice service that powers Amazon's Echo devices and many others, is looking for a Software Development Engineer (SDE) to join a diverse team of SDEs and Knowledge Engineers - working together to create new capabilities and experiences for Alexa.
We are focused on building technology that combines natural language understanding, acquiring large volumes of structured knowledge, search and other techniques to allow customers to get answers to their questions in the most natural way possible. We're building solutions for Amazon Echo, Echo Show, and other products. We're working hard, having fun, and making history; come join us!
You will have an opportunity to directly impact the customer experience, design, architecture, and implementation of products that will be used every day by people you know. We're looking for someone passionate about innovating on behalf of customers, who demonstrates strong product ownership and is willing to think in new ways to solve difficult problems.
The ideal candidate has a track record of success in delivering new features and products, solving problems, and learning new technologies quickly. A commitment to teamwork, proactive approach to solving problems, and strong verbal and written communication skills are essential. Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires technical expertise, understanding of computer science fundamentals, and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems. This person is comfortable delivering quality solutions in a fast-growing environment where priorities may change rapidly.
· Contribute to team discussions around solution design and system component design as well as improvement and integration
· Design, develop, and extend high performance, test-driven code that meets requirements and is scalable and maintainable
· Participate in all stages of the software development cycle, including designing and developing new system architecture and improvements
· Build on and maintain an existing code base as well as new components; maintain production code and contribute to deployment and QA processes
· Participate in prioritization, estimation, and sprint planning
· Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules
Ideal candidate profile
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent.
• 2+ years of industry experience.
• Experience in Computer Science including Java and/or C++.
• Experience building scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems for commercial online services.
• Experience in designing scalable software.
• Experience as leader in engineering environment.