“Alexa, why aren't you in my coffee maker?”
Amazon Alexa is the voice-controlled personal assistant behind Amazon Echo. We are hiring software engineers who share our passion for enabling it on all IoT devices and not just Echo. Interested? Come join our team!
We are developing at the intersection of constrained devices and the services that support them. As a member of the team you will be responsible for leading the development and launch of core product features. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define these product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product.
We’re seeking software developers with industry experience who are passionate about enhancing customer satisfaction, operational performance, and growing market segment share.You should have a good understanding of communication networks and audio streaming. You will define and implement APIs to address the specific needs of constrained devices and provide tooling to increase the ease of use.
As a member of the team, you will:
· Produce bullet-proof code that is robust, efficient and maintainable
· Empower companies and developers from around the world to embed Alexa into their devices and products
· Participate in setting the technical vision for this device segment with the product team
· Drive and lead software design, development standards, team processes and code reviews
· Design and implement features for new products, features, APIs, platforms and frameworks
· Mentor junior software developers and grow their skills
· Recruit, interview and hire software developers