Description de l'offre
The Alexa Smart Home team is focused on making Alexa the user interface for the home. Customers love using Alexa to interact with their homes using simple commands (turn on the lights, turn down the heat) and to automate more complex interactions spanning home security, home entertainment, and the home environment. We are evolving Alexa into an intelligent, indispensable companion that helps you get the most out of the technology in your home.
We are looking for a passionate, hard-working, and talented software engineer who has experience building innovative, mission critical, high volume applications that customers love. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of Alexa features that are used every day by people you know.
The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about Alexa and has a demonstrable track record of success in delivering new features and products. A commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems. This person has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast.
As a leader of the team you will be responsible for leading the development and launch of core product features. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define these product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product.
Other responsibilities include:
· Leading development and maintenance of key system features
· Working with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility.
· Working in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules.
· Bachelor's degree and/or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
· 2+ years experience building successful production software systems
· Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs.
· Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
· Development experience defining, developing and maintaining REST based interfaces
· Experience with Alexa as a customer