If you are excited about solving challenging technical problems in the big data space, Alexa.com offers an exceptional opportunity to work at the cutting edge of behavioral analytics on a global scale. We are seeking a smart, self-directed Software Development Engineer to help us build the next generation of digital insights and audience analysis technology. As part of our team, you will design and develop robust, scalable, cloud-based applications for collecting and analyzing large data sets and create new web analytics and other data-derived services to be used by millions of digital marketers, web publishers, and researchers worldwide.
Alexa.com, a wholly owned subsidiary of Amazon.com, is a globally recognized leader in web analytics, audience and digital behavioral analytics, and competitive intelligence. We have been gathering and analyzing data from online sources for over 20 years, with terabytes of archived crawl data, a data-contributing panel of millions of users in countries around the world, and millions of unique website visitors each month. This position provides the qualified candidate with an opportunity to join our smart, motivated team and to directly impact our business.
· Develop robust and secure distributed processing solutions in our cloud (AWS) environment
· Evaluate and implement massive, scalable data storage and retrieval solutions
· Optimize automated processes for performance and fault tolerance
· Optimize support for ad-hoc analysis across various data sources
· Provide operational support for critical systems
· Collaborate with fellow technologists and contribute meaningfully in areas such as data security