Description de l'offre
Interested in Amazon Alexa? Come work on it. We're building the core services that run Amazon Echo and other Amazon products. We're working hard, having fun, making history; come join us!
Alexa is the Amazon cloud service that powers Echo, the groundbreaking new Amazon device designed around your voice. We believe voice is the most natural user interface for interacting with technology across many domains; we are inventing the future. The Alexa Engine team moves toward the vision of delivering the Star Trek computer to our customers – the world's best intelligent personal assistant, accessible via natural voice commands on any connected device. Alexa API Services team creates friction-less and robust mechanisms for developers to access Alexa capabilities. We build one set of common APIs for Amazon and third party devices and developers. API Services takes a high-level view of Alexa's APIs to ensure consistency and quality, and build the primitives that enable them to work together as a whole. A common set of standards and implementation decisions across our APIs will make them easier to build, and easier to consume by our development partners both inside (1P) and outside (3P) of Amazon.
As a Sr. SDE on the team, you will be responsible for leading the architecture, design, development and launch of some of the core product features. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define these product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product.
The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about new opportunities and has a demonstrable track record of success in delivering new features and products. A commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems. This person has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast.
· 3+ years experience building production software systems
· BS or MS in CS or equivalent experience
· Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility trade offs.
· Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
· Development experience defining, developing, and maintaining REST based interfaces
· OO design/development skills and have experience driving projects from concept to prototype, and finally implementation
· Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
· Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis